Table of contents
- 1 Why Vizio Soundbar Turns Off Itself
- 2 Read on to find out the five ways to fix this problem
- 2.1 #1: Check the cable connections
- 2.2 #2: Make the switch to a Vizio remote
- 2.3 #3: Turn off Eco Mode
- 2.4 #4: Reset your soundbar
- 2.5 You can reset your Vizio soundbar in two ways.
- 2.6 #5: Do a firmware update
- 2.7 “What if I have a Vizio SmartCast soundbar?”
- 3 Frequently asked questions
Audiophiles laud Vidio’s soundbars for their high-quality sound amplification. The soundbars are connected to external sources and are easy to maintain and use. Since soundbars produce quality sound, many people prefer them over speakers for their soundscapes. It is important for users to consider the various issues associated with soundbars to ensure uninterrupted entertainment.
Although the Vizio soundbar issues may appear challenging, you can solve them using simple troubleshooting methods. The following guide will provide you with various options for managing your Vizio soundbar issues and ensuring quality entertainment. The following guide will help you fix your Vizio soundbar keeps turning off its own.
Why Vizio Soundbar Turns Off Itself
It’s an indication that the Auto Standby settings are on if your Vizio soundbar keeps turning off on its own. To reduce power consumption, the device automatically turns off after 15 minutes after the settings have been toggled ON. It is possible, however, for the Vizio soundbar to turn off automatically due to various factors, as follows:
Firmware out-of-date: Developers make updates for all devices to ensure the software is up-to-date and users are notified of any updates.
Over time, Vizio soundbars also require regular firmware updates. A Vizio soundbar may turn off by itself if its firmware is outdated, so you need to make sure it’s up to date. Check out other fixes to resolve the problem if it’s not.
Faulty soundbar remote: The Vizio soundbar may fail if the remote is defective or incorrect. Since most remote controls look the same, users may use a different remote or a faulty remote to control the Vizio soundbar. Additionally, the soundbar automatically turns off if it is not used. Therefore, it is important to check if the remote control is compatible with the soundbar and if the batteries are working. Vizio soundbar can, however, be connected to your TV without a remote control.
Eco Mode Settings:
Vizio Eco-mode features automatically turn off the soundbar if no audio signal is received. Smart devices consume a great deal of power nowadays, so the settings are very important. The automatic turn-off soundbar issue can be resolved by turning off the Eco mode settings.
Overheating of Your Device:
The majority of smart electronic devices turn off if they are overheating and remain active for a long period of time. An overheating device can be caused by a malfunctioning cooling component or other internal problems. Vizio soundbars can shut off themselves if they experience overheating problems. It is necessary to dust your Vizio soundbar if it gets hot after a few minutes of use.
Read on to find out the five ways to fix this problem
#1: Check the cable connections
We’ll get started now.
Firstly, your Vizio soundbar may be powering on/off by itself for no reason…
The problem is that it is not connected to the correct ports on your device.
“What does that mean? ”
Say you have a TV hooked up to your soundbar.
The soundbar won’t detect audio signals if it’s not connected properly to the TV…
The device will automatically shut down.
It’s therefore important to make sure it’s connected to the right ports.
In accordance with Vizio, you should:
Step 1: Verify that the soundbar has an “Audio Out” input.
If your soundbar is hooked up to your TV…
It should be connected to the port marked “Audio Out”
Step 2: Ensure the soundbar is connected to the right input.
- Start by turning on your TV and selecting a channel.
- Make sure the TV is playing audio.
- Your soundbar’s input button should then be pressed.
Your soundbar will begin searching for audio inputs and flashing lights will appear.
The TV input will be detected until it detects the input.
Step 3: Let’s wait and see what happens.
Your soundbar seems to be working now, doesn’t it?
It’s good to hear that.
In the event that this is not the case, check to see if the issue is with your TV or the device you’ve connected to your soundbar.
#2: Make the switch to a Vizio remote
Your remote may also be to blame for your soundbar switching on and off constantly.
You can use a universal remote to control the soundbar.
However, that can sometimes cause problems.
Remote control that works with your soundbar can be taught if you do not have a Vizio remote.
The following steps can be taken to accomplish this:
- Locate Menu on your remote.
- Select “Prg Remote”.
- Learn different functions by using the Next/Previous buttons.
The soundbar will “learn” when you press “Play.”.
Select the soundbar’s learning key, then press it. For:
- Press Mute to mute the sound.
- Press the Volume Up button while holding Volume+.
- Press Volume- Down to decrease the volume.
There will be a flashing of lights from top to bottom while your sound bar learns.
As soon as it has learned, it will blink twice to indicate that it has completed the process.
“ Does my soundbar now work? ”
In the event that it continues to power on and off on its own…
It may be necessary to get a Vizio remote control for your soundbar.
The Vizio remote control can be used in the following ways:
#3: Turn off Eco Mode
Despite checking the cables and getting a Vizio remote, still no luck.
There is a possibility that your soundbar is in Eco Mode.
The Eco mode is similar to the Sleep function on a computer.
If you don’t use your device for a few minutes, it goes into standby mode.
Imagine that you’re watching a show and suddenly realize that you have to cook lunch.
In the event that you leave and the soundbar does not receive active audio input…
The device will go into standby mode.
There are many benefits to doing this:
- Increases battery life and conserves power.
- The soundbar’s lifespan is extended.
- You can continue where you left off.
This can cause your device to power on and off on its own when it’s on.
Vizio soundbars can be disabled using the following steps:
- On your remote control, select Menu.
- Select Eco Power On/Off from the menu.
- To turn off Eco Power, press the Next/Previous button.
#4: Reset your soundbar
In the event that your soundbar doesn’t function properly after following all the steps above…
Your soundbar needs to be reset.
Does that really need to be done? ”
Yes, here’s why:
It is important to note that resetting your soundbar will erase all previous settings.
Often, this will be all that is needed to fix a malfunctioning device.
You can reset your Vizio soundbar in two ways.
First: you can use your remote.
Vizio soundbars only come with this feature on certain models.
Check your manual to see if it is included.
- You can get your Vizio remote control here.
- Choose “Setup” or “Menu”.
- “Reset Audio” or “Reset All” can be found there.
- Then click “Reset All”.
- Three flashes of the lights are required.
“How will I feel after doing all that? ”
By following the above steps, you will be able to erase:
- Settings for audio.
- Pairings with Bluetooth.
- Setting the soundbar.
You can also call this a factory reset.
By restoring your device to factory settings, you are restoring it to its original state.
You can reset the audio settings now if you wish…
Instead of “Reset All”, press “Reset Audio”.
You can fix some issues by doing this, such as setting the wrong audio input for your sound bar.
Also, you may be able to fix your sound bar’s power problem this way.
You can also reset your soundbar by using Bluetooth and Volume Down.
- Ensure that your soundbar is powered on.
- At least 5 seconds should be spent holding the “Bluetooth” and “Volume Down” buttons.
- Three flashes of the LEDs are required.
- Recheck your soundbar to see if it is working properly.
Do I need to reset all the settings on my soundbar? ”
You can do a soft reset if you wish.
To do this:
- All cords connected to your soundbar need to be unplugged.
- Your soundbar and power source should be unplugged.
- Ten seconds is at least enough time to wait.
- Reconnect all the cords to the soundbar.
- Reconnect the soundbar to the power source by plugging in the power cord again.
- Check the soundbar again to see if it is working.
#5: Do a firmware update
The problem persists! ”
You can still try a firmware update, don’t worry.
Making sure your soundbar’s programming is up-to-date is important.
In other words…
To make sure your device works properly, it keeps it up-to-date with all new functionalities.
Each model of Vizio sound bar requires different steps for updating its firmware.
For these Vizio soundbars, follow these steps:
Step 1: From the manufacturer’s website, download the latest firmware version.
Step 2: Using a flash drive, transfer the downloaded file.
Step 3: Unplug the Vizio soundbar’s power cord.
Step 4: Connect the USB port of the soundbar to the flash drive.
Step 5: Connect your soundbar’s power cord again.
Step 6: Watch for the LEDs to flash; a soundbar update is in progress.
“How many times is required?”
It depends on the situation. It usually takes less than a minute.
Step 7: Unplug the flash drive.
Step 8: Check to see if your soundbar’s firmware has been updated.
To do this:
- For at least 5 seconds, press and hold the two Volume buttons.
- You will need to wait until the soundbar announces its firmware version.
This model should have firmware version 126.96.36.199.
“What if I have a Vizio SmartCast soundbar?”
SmartCast soundbar firmware can be updated as follows:
Update Using WiFi
Step 1: Put your soundbar in Link Mode.
To do this:
- Press the Menu button on your remote control.
- The arrow keys can be used to navigate to the “Link” section.
- Enter Yes by pressing the right arrow key.
- The Play/Pause button should be pressed.
- Once again, click the right arrow button.
- Lastly, press the Play/Pause button.
Step 2: Open the SmartCast app on your smartphone or tablet once your soundbar is in Link mode.
Step 3: Select “Menu” and then “Setup a New Device”.
Step 4: Set up the new device according to the instructions.
Step 5: Make sure your soundbar is connected to your WiFi network.
Step 6: Let it search for and download the latest firmware.
Update Using Flash Drive
Step 1: Make sure your device’s firmware is up-to-date.
- Install the SmartCast app on your smartphone or tablet.
- You can find the model of your soundbar here.
- To access the system settings, tap on the Settings/gear icon.
- Go to “System Information” and then “Soundbar Information”.
Step 2: Visit the manufacturer’s website to download the latest firmware version.
Step 3: Transfer the files to a flash drive after extracting the .zip file from your download.
Note: Make sure your flash drive doesn’t contain any other files.
In Vizio’s opinion, 2GB flash drives are best.
Step 4: Turn the soundbar on.
Step 5: Plug it into an audio-free input.
Step 6: When the lights flash, it’s time to update.
“How do I know when it has been updated? ”
Blinking lights will stop.
You can now check if your soundbar is running the updated version by following these steps:
- You can use your phone or mobile tablet to access the SmartCast app.
- Tap on “System Information” after finding “System”.
- Choose “Soundbar Information”.
Version 188.8.131.52 should be running on your soundbar.
Contact Vizio for support if none of the steps in this article work.
Frequently asked questions
Why does my Vizio soundbar keep turning itself off?
You’re most likely experiencing a software issue, connecting multiple devices, turning on eco settings, or not using the official Vizio remote when your soundbar turns off by itself.
Why does my sound bar keep turning itself off?
If Auto Standby is enabled, the soundbar will automatically turn itself off or enter standby mode after approximately 15 minutes to reduce power consumption. Manuals are available on your model support page.
What do I do if my Vizio turns on and then shuts off?
Ensure that the sleep and auto-off timers are set properly in Settings > Timers. The Sleep Timer setting should be reviewed and either turned off or changed to a later time. Set the Auto-Off function to a reasonable time and ensure it is on.
Why does my sound bar keep disconnecting from my TV?
If your soundbar stops working or drops intermittently when connected to your TV through HDMI-ARC, you can update the firmware on it to solve the problem.