Table of contents
Are you considering getting a Yamaha soundbar? If you already own one, that would be great. They have excellent music and movie sound quality. Have you figured out how to connect Yamaha soundbar to TV? If not, read this article.
TVs are connected to soundbars using three different methods here. Following these methods is very simple, so you don’t need to worry about it. Let’s get started.
Using HDMI ARC to connect a Yamaha Soundbar to a TV
So that’s how a soundbar is connected to a television. You can join a TV and a soundbar by following these steps (in this example, we will use two eARC devices):
1. Switch off both your TV and your soundbar. Disconnect the TV and soundbar’s power cords as well, if you want to be extra safe.
2. should connect HDMI Ultra-High-Speed HDMI cable to the TV’s HDMI eARC port and the soundbar’s eARC port. You can join the HDMI cable from the soundbar’s HDMI TV port to any HDMI port on the TV if your TV does not have an eARC or ARC HDMI port. In that case, you can watch videos and listen to audio. Must connect Optical digital audio cables to both devices for sound to work. Must connect A 5-meter optical audio cable (or OPTIMUS OUT) to the TV’s optical audio output (or OPT-OUT) as well as the soundbar’s visual audio input (or OPT-IN).
3. Your Blu-ray player or video game console, as well as any other video devices with HDMI outputs, can be connected to the TV’s other ports. You may also connect them to the other HDMI inputs of the soundbar. In ARC/eARC scenarios, either the TV or soundbar can function as the hub and pass video and audio signals to all external devices. Ultimately, it depends on which inputs and ports you have available.
4. Turn on the TV and soundbar by reconnecting the power cords.
5. To fully operate the soundbar, access the TV’s menu settings. Your TV’s menu may need to be adjusted to ensure compatibility with your soundbar in many cases. Your TV’s brand and model will determine how to change the audio settings.
Using an optical cable to connect a Yamaha soundbar to a TV
Most modern TVs should come with optical audio output ports and optical cable ports.
- Turn your TV and soundbar off
- Connect the optical cable to the TV’s output and the soundbar’s input
- convert TV audio output to optical
- On the soundbar, select visual as the audio source
With Bluetooth, you can connect the Yamaha soundbar to the TV.
Bluetooth is a simple method of connecting, but not all televisions have Bluetooth capabilities. As with HDMI and optical cable, it will also reduce the audio quality.
- Connect your TV and soundbar to Bluetooth
- On your TV, select the Yamaha soundbar in the Bluetooth device selection
- You can pair this with a soundbar
You will be able to play audio through your Yamaha soundbar once your TV is paired with the soundbar. Some TVs and soundbars require additional settings to be selected through an app.
It is helpful to learn how to connect Yamaha soundbar to TV. You can try each method out to determine what works best for you. The soundbar can be easily attached to any television, regardless of its model.
Frequently asked questions
How do you hook up a Yamaha soundbar?
YAS-109 Bluetooth pairing.
On the Yamaha remote, press the Bluetooth button. A blinking BLUETOOTH indicator appears on the soundbar.
Navigate to the Bluetooth settings on your mobile device.
Select the Yamaha soundbar on the mobile device (Bluetooth device). The item “Yamaha YAS-109” appears in the list.
What is the easiest way to connect my Yamaha soundbar to my Samsung TV?
Use an HDMI cable to connect.
Prepare an HDMI cable.
Plug the HDMI cable into the TV’s HDMI IN (ARC).
Plug the soundbar into the HDMI OUT port (TV-ARC).
Set the soundbar to D.IN and turn it on.
Your soundbar will play the TV sound.
Is it better to connect the soundbar with HDMI or optical?
With HDMI cables, you can pass higher resolution audio, including DTS HD Master Audio and Dolby TrueHD. … Or perhaps you have everything hooked up to your TV and want the audio to go to a soundbar. An optical cable will be the ideal solution.
Do I need an HDMI cable for my soundbar?
Optical cables are necessary if your TV or soundbar does not have an HDMI port. This port allows you to enjoy new audio capabilities. … Optical cables can’t transfer HD audio formats like Dolby TrueHD and DTS-HD Master Audio.